The Hour Glass is still around today. It appears on the O.S map of 1876.
Directory listings show that the pub expanded between 1923 and 1956, to incorporate No.20 Melbourne Street as well as No.21 as listed in previous directories. Click the link below!
Up until 1850, it was known as the New Artillery Arms. The name "hourglass" is after a type of egg timer clock used by the army.
Pring mentions that in 1916, it recently had a skittle alley.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002-2004