The Windsor Castle Inn situated in North Street,
Heavitree once had its own brewery located directly over the road. This brewery, the Windsor Brewery was bought from
the Crowson family in 1899 by the Heavitree Brewery.
The brewery was shutdown by the Heavitree brewery in 1902 and for years the site was left derelict until it was cleared and the new housing scheme built in the late 1980's. The pub however still exists
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002