The Red House Hotel was formerly the private residence of the Hare
family who occupied their new home in 1920 having previously lived at Honeylands over the road.
Originally a guest house rather than a hotel, listed by Besley in 1945 as the Red House Guest House with R. Shawyer resident and again by Kelly in 1970. However by the early 1980's it had developed into a hotel with a large lounge bar open to non-residents.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2001