The Crawford Hotel used to be a country farmhouse until it was bought by the
City Brewery in 1938. It was opened as a hotel in October 1939 (originally Lion House Hotel). The old
farmers name was Crawford but the 1960's sign shows the arms of the Earl of Crawford.
The salloon bar was renovated in 1961 and re-opened as the Blue Room. This has now been lost with further improvements and renovation around 2000.
The City Brewery listings show that the Hotel was sold to the management in 1964.
Stuart Callon Copyright ©2002